Things I did today that made me feel good/happy:
- I finished this Cat Hat. Its imperfect (like me) and doesn’t squeeze my head and make it look smaller than it already does.
- I drove home from Manistique. And while driving I listened to the first third of Chuck Palahnuik’s “Doomed” book on Audible. (P.S. no links or affiliation, but if you commute a lot or love audiobooks, its pretty awesome [if I do say so myself]). And the book is pretty awesome so far.
- I took a few breaks along the way home and walked out to the water. It was terribly cold, but I was alone out there. And it was quiet, except for the chirp of birds. And it was the only time today my mind was quiet too.
- I pushed forward. I ran into a snow belt of anxiety and fear about my relationship. I reached out and was straightforward about how I felt. And I was able to self soothe and move on with my day. This might sound like a small thing for most people, but its one of the hardest things for me to deal with and its a constant battle.
- I talked to my best friend and my mum. My best friend is a lot like me, and beautiful, smart, and always has my back. No matter what, she can make me laugh pull me out of my tornado brain. And my mum (do I need to even explain). She’s my rock and my home.
Tomorrow starts my 5 day stretch of “vacation” and Thanksgiving week. I suspect a “Things I am Thankful for” list will be coming this week.
But for now, I’m going to relax and rest. I think you should too.